Saturday, June 23, 2012

INTEGRITY AND A BLAMELESS HEART


Psalm 101:2-3 Amplified Bible (AMP)

I will behave myself wisely and give heed to the blameless way—O when will You come to me? I will walk within my house in integrity and with a blameless heart. I will set no base or wicked thing before my eyes. I hate the work of them who turn aside [from the right path]; it shall not grasp hold of me.
We have been talking in the Men of Courage Bible Study that I lead at the WILD Church about what it means to be a man of integrity. This verse of scripture is key to accomplishing that goal. We as people of God have to make a strong commitment to walk with a "blameless heart". It is imperative that we behave ourselves with great wisdom as we walk through the mine field of life. 


In order to stay right with our God we have to be careful to avoid setting anything before our eyes that would cause us to turn aside from the plans that God has for us. It is a wonderful thing to be in the will of God and a terrible thing to be outside the presence of the Lord and our God's full and absolute favor. The enemy knows our weaknesses and he will allow us to destroy ourselves if we indulge our weakness. 
All of us as Christians have felt the pull of those things that the scripture calls "base and wicked things". The enemy wants us to let these evil things grab hold of us and destroy our testimony and ability to function as a child of the Living God. So many times, we find ourselves dipping our toe in the waters of sin and before we know it we are drowning. That's the way that Satan works - a little compromise here and there and we begin to move away from a vital relationship with our God.


Integrity comes when we make the heart commitment to keep our heart blameless before the Lord. This stand gives us great confidence in the Lord and His way. We choose to keep those things before us that are higher and better. By making wise choices, we are able to know the favor of God's presence and that makes all the difference in our daily walk. We can approach God with every situation and circumstance that comes up in our lives. His being with us and working to cause all things to work together for good in our lives is a life-changing experience. 


I believe that I have a God inside of me who will not "share" my heart with anything or anyone. He is jealous for me and wants my heart single and my focus clear. God help me to walk in a blameless way and great integrity. That's what I've been thinking....



No comments:

Post a Comment