Wednesday, February 8, 2012

LOVE AND LIGHT

Okay, I think that I would like to start by saying that I have resisted blogging but that I realize this is an excellent way to record my thoughts and revelations that the Holy Spirit downloads to me. So, I am going to try to blog if for no other reason to have a record for myself that I can look back on. I know that one thing God has  shown me is that I will be more aware of the daily blessings He bestows on me if I take a few moments and put them on the blog...also, He gives me insight for living my life in Christ on almost a daily basis. I will endeavor to jot down those thoughts as well. Anyway, this is a start.
I realize today that God's love for me is so awesome. In the book of Jeremiah it says that God loves us with an everlasting love and He draws us to Himself.



God did draw me to Him and continues to do so every day. The great thing about it is that He draws me closer and closer. Throughout our entire lives He desires to pull us close to His heart that we might become more and more in sync with Him and His purpose for our lives. His love will never end and it will carry me through this life and on to glory one day. 


He desires us to be in the place where we emulate the love He has for us. The most powerful thing in the world is LOVE. Love will tear down walls and pull down the strongholds that others have built to isolate themselves. People do that to "protect" themselves from being hurt like they have in the past. This is exactly what the enemy of our souls wants to do. He robs, kills, and destroys and He does it best when we cut ourselves off from the source of our healing and strength - the body of Christ. 


I have personally witnessed the power of love in my own life. When I was in a dark place and was drowning in bitterness, the love of others committed to pulling me out was what made the difference for me. They didn't give up, they didn't back off, and love reached through the darkness and touched me. I will never forget that this put my life back in God's hands and helped restore His plan and purpose for me. I think about some of the lives I have personally touched and know that without those warriors of love reaching out to me, they too would still be in darkness. 


What was I thinking? If you are walking in the light...stay there! Keep on loving and touching lives. If you are in a dark place, then do your part. When someone reaches out to you...then take their hand and let them pull you back into the light of God's awesome LOVE...JUST SAYIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment