Monday, February 13, 2012

A Mess and the Best Rolled into One.

Sorry.... I missed a day of posting. Busy day on Sunday so that might be the day I take off and try to blog the other 6.

Today I have had family on my mind and how important it is to share love with them while we have the opportunity. I picked up Momma and Debra and we attended the homegoing service of my great aunt in Anson, Texas. She was 92 years old and the last of my Grandma Jones' siblings to pass away. I got to see several kinfolk that I haven't laid eyes on in a long time and that was a  good thing. They were all very loving and supportive of one another and the First Baptist Church ladies in Anson did a great job showing love to our family by providing a great meal for us before the service. We sang songs picked out by my Great Aunt Traleta before she passed...One Day At A Time, Precious Memories, and When I've Walked the Last Mile of the Way. The pastor who shared the Word with us reminded us this was not goodbye but only goodnight for those who are in Christ. The assurance of our salvation indeed does take the sting and bitter hurt from death, because the Holy Spirit witness to us that our separation is only for a time and we will all be with the Lord someday.

Services like this are awesome when you know that the one who has passed was a child of the Living God and that our songs and tears are mixed with JOY because as the Apostle Paul says, "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord." The moment we breathe our last on this earth, the next breath is the clear air of Heaven....

Love Christ and take sometime today to call someone in your family you havent talked to in a while and say, "I love you!", while you still can. You won't regret taking a moment and sharing God's sweet love with them. If you aren't sure about their eternal place with God, share the plan of salvation with them and let them know that your love isn't just about the moment, but about eternity.

I thank God for my family, both immediate and extended. They are a mess and they are the best all rolled up into one....just sayin'...r

No comments:

Post a Comment